Translate

Friday 12 August 2016

Red Arrows and Blue Skies




BIG love for the Red Arrows



So today I went to the beach.  Not to swim.  To see planes.  Airbourne has come to town and I was well warned beforehand about the traffic and parking situation.  Now, when I lived here before I'd book the weekend off work and find music festival somewhere and get out of town.

This weekend is my first Airbourne for about 20 years.  I'm not working this weeknd so I thought I'd pop along to see the awesome Red Arrows.  It seems I'd left Suburbia at the right time, to heed all the pre warnings about traffic nightmares.

As it happens my mum lives one street from the beach so it would have been rude not to call in for an ice cream at Treasure Island with the little people before the show.  It was a stunning day for  it, the sea twinkled like the Med in the glorious summer sunshine.  There were a few little boats on the sea for the best possible view, and, right on time the Arrows roared overhead and treated everyone below with a show stopping performance.  They never fail to amaze us with their mind-blowing stunts.  It was by far the coolest thing Ive seen so far this summer.

I'm now a little sunburnt.


No comments:

Post a Comment